We need your help!
Volunteers are a huge part of L.A. Leadership’s success. As enrollment expands each year, so does our need for people to help. To apply as a volunteer, please contact:
For the Primary Academy or the Middle School contact Rachel Hernandez at (213)381-8484, or e-mail to email@example.com
For the High School contact Gloria Velasquez at (323)-227-7719 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers are especially needed in the following areas:
- Office and parent communications: Work with office staff to help meet and greet parents and students, make phone calls, and help with mailings.
- Teacher instructional materials preparation: Work at school or from home helping to prepare materials for instructional purposes.
- Custodial helpers: Work with our Facility Managers on cleaning and school beautification.
- Math and reading tutors: Work with struggling mathematicians or readers to develop some of their basic skills.
- Project tutors: Tutors work one on one with students to help them create cohesive projects. They may help students in a particular skill area, such as writing, public speaking, creating visual presentations, and so on.
- Grant writers: There are a number of grants available. You would work directly with our Executive Director to help bring needed funding into the school.
- Nutrition and lunch supervisors: Supervisors watch the students during break times and engage them in conversation or games.
- Guest speakers: Generally, speakers share their expertise with students by being a guest lecturer in a class and then follow up by providing internship opportunities for the students.